This Boson Biotech Covid-19 antigen nasal swab rapid test has been approved by the Belgian Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) and allows you to quickly and with reasonable reliability determine whether you are infected with the Covid-19 virus. Supplied in a box with 5 quick tests.
When to use?
Covid-19 rapid tests are for personal use only. You can use them on yourself or your family members in case of doubt or for extra certainty. However, because they are less accurate than professionally administered PCR tests, they cannot be used as evidence of non-infection (e.g. for a CovidSafe ticket).
Covid-19 rapid tests are an ideal complement for the workplace.
This Boson Biotech Covid-19 antigen nasal swab rapid test works by a rod that is inserted in the nose. Detailed instructions can be found in the manual. In short, the principle is as follows:
- Insert the swab in each nostril in turn until you feel resistance (from 2.5cm deep) and rub the inside of your nose with it
- Place the cotton swab in the extraction tube and twist well while cutting
- Close the large cap of the extraction tube
- Open the small cap of the extraction tube and let 3 drops fall onto the test cassette.
- After 15 minutes you can read the result on the test cassette.
Watch the instruction video for a similar test.
The packaging contains the following parts:
- 5 x test cassette
- 5 x sterile cotton swab
- 5 x extraction tube
- 5 x extraction solution
- 1 x tube stand
- 1 x instructions in English, Dutch, French and German
- Rapid self-test for personal use
- Shallow nasal test (nasal swab)
- 98% accuracy
Results after 15 minutes
- Detects all known virus strains
- 2 year shelf life
- Do not freeze; store at room temperature
- Single use test
- Expiry date: 06/2023
- Approved for use within Belgium by the FAMHP
- CE-approved for personal use (CE0123)
This Boson Biotech Covid-19 antigen nasal swab rapid test has an overall reliability of 98% when used correctly. Detailed reliability numbers can be found in the manual.
For the most accurate measurement a professionally performed PCR test is recommended.