Foam fire extinguishers of 6l are the most sold fire extinguisher in Belgium. They count as a standard extinguishing unit and are therefore legally suitable to protect 150m² or 1 floor. If you have multiple floors or a larger surface area, you need to provide additional extinguishers per floor and per 150m².
A foam fire extinguisher is suitable for fire classes A (solids) and B (liquids). A major advantage of a foam fire extinguisher is that it causes very little collateral damage and can be easily disposed of after use, unlike powder fire extinguishers. Therefore, in situations where you do not need a frost-resistant fire extinguisher, it is better to opt for a foam fire extinguisher instead of a powder extinguisher.
BENOR or no BENOR?
This foam fire extinguisher 6l is approved by most European law and can therefore be used in Belgium. However, the biggest part of Belgian fire insurances and fire-safety inspectors demand that in a professional context or in mutual areas in an apartment building fire extinguishers with a BENOR-label are used. To get a BENOR-label the extinguisher needs to meet certain conditions that are specific for Belgium. If you want to be 100% sure of a positive fire-safety rapport then this fire extinguisher is the perfect choice!
When do I need an inspection sticker?
This fire extinguisher is, as mentioned above, suitable for the Belgian market (BENOR) and is available with or without an inspection sticker. Fire extinguishers that you use in a professional / public context or in common parts of apartments must be provided with an inspection sticker. Fire extinguishers that you buy at FireDiscounter including an inspection sticker must only be re-inspected one year after the invoice date.
- Seamless cylinder: fire extinguisher consists of 1 piece (so no seams, which contributes to a quality extinguisher)
- Removable plastic protective foot included: avoid damage to bottom of extinguisher
- Metal manometer with tester to test the pressure of the extinguisher
- Metal nozzle for better foam generation
- Plastic-coated interior of the extinguisher
- Stainless steel safety pin
- Relief printed safety seal
- Ring with manufacturing date printed in indelible ink
- Dutch labels with all emergency numbers
- CE and EN3 approved
- BENOR approved for the Belgian market
- Delivered in a cardboard box
- 2 years warranty
Wall bracket and pictogram
This fire extinguisher is delivered together with a standard wall bracket to attach it to the wall. For a more sturdy metal wall bracket in combination with the legally obliged pictogram you can look at the bundle at the bottom of the page.