Appliances without Benor are usually rejected during inspections by external control bodies. That is why we no longer offer them. Otherwise, there is a chance that you will have to buy new fire extinguishers and will therefore have to pay double the cost.
Foam fire extinguishers of 6l is the most sold extinguisher in Belgium. That is because of its unique properties. The count as a standard extinguishing unit and are thus legally suited as protection for an area of 150m² or 1 floor. If you have multiple floors or a larger space then you need to buy additional units per floor and per 150m². On top of that foam fire extinguishers cause almost no additional damage in contradiction to powder fire extinguishers. In situations where frost is not an issue it is better to opt for a foam extinguisher rather than a powder extinguisher.
BENOR or no BENOR?
This foam fire extinguisher 6l is approved by most European law and can therefore be used in Belgium. However, the biggest part of Belgian fire insurances and fire-safety inspectors demand that in a professional context or in mutual areas in an apartment building fire extinguishers with a BENOR-label are used. To get a BENOR-label the extinguisher needs to meet certain conditions that are specific for Belgium. If you want to be 100% sure of a positive fire-safety rapport, opt for the Foam fire extinguisher (AB) with BENOR label!
- Fire extinguisher under permanent pressure with a metal manometer
- Steal handle with only 1 weld: high quality and much less chance of a pressure leak than with comparable extinguishers
- Removable manometer for reloading and pressure control
- Stainless steel parts
- Capacity: 6l BSX233 1,5% foam
- High extinguish capacity: extinguishing rating 34A 233B, discharge time of 42 seconds!
- CE-, EN3- and Marine-approved
- Includes metal holder, can aslo be attached to a wall
- Label with instructions in Dutch or French
- Lifetime: 20 years
- 2-year guarantee
Wall bracket and pictogram
This fire extinguisher is delivered together with a standard wall bracket to attach it to the wall. For a more sturdy metal wall bracket in combination with the legally obliged pictogram you can look at the bundle at the bottom of the page.